View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #16
_Eva_

The products you use contain loads of humectants and no protein at all. Maybe your styling products do, but you did not mention which you are using.

If you are medium for both texture and porosity, you may need some protein. You mention that your hair cannot seem to soak up moisure. What makes you say so? What do you experience?

You also mention that you did not like the protein treatment. What treatment did you use exactly? How long did you leave it on? And how did your hair feel afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noedles View Post
By moisturized I mean that it looks healthy and that the curls are defined, I guess. Since you need moisture to get that result.
That depends on your hair properties. Someone with fine hair mainly needs protein to achieve good results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noedles View Post
And yes, I know Gliss Kur, they sell it here too. I just don't like pharmacy products that much, because I think they prefer to put chemical ingredients in them instead of oils, while oils are natural and can achieve the same (or even better) results.
The sHegron Aloe Vera Conditioner is a pharmacy product too, but it does not contain harsh ingredients. You should not judge a book by its cover and dismiss the gliss kur conditioner just because it is sold in a pharmacy. If Firefox recommends it, I bet it does not contain any harmful ingredients.

I found the ingredient list for you:

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Panthenol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Isopropyl Myristate, Behenoyl PG-Trimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, VP/VA Copolymer,Phenoxyethanol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methylparaben, Hexylene Glycol,Parfum, Polyquaternium-37,Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate

Unless polyquats give you build up, I would give it a try.

co-wash and rinse out: Inecto coconut conditioner
leave in: sHegron Aloe vera conditioner or Inecto coconut conditioner
styler: L'Oreal gel / mousse

Currently experimenting with home made flax seed gel (latest version with agave syrup and gelatine), home made protein treatments (latest version with gelatine and coconut oil)

IHerb code: SGW867 (up to $10 off)
_Eva_ is offline   Reply With Quote