By moisturized I mean that it looks healthy and that the curls are defined, I guess. Since you need moisture to get that result.

Right now I'm using these products:
Wash: Hegron Aloe Vera conditioner
Condition: Dr Organics Olive Oil/Honey conditioner
Leave-in: Hegron Aloe Vera conditioner
Multiple gels and mousses (without harsh ingredients)

I have tried a protein treatment (the one with gelatin) and wasn't that excited about it. But it was just once and I put egg yolk in it, which I read about, isn't that good for a protein treatment.

And yes, I know Gliss Kur, they sell it here too. I just don't like pharmacy products that much, because I think they prefer to put chemical ingredients in them instead of oils, while oils are natural and can achieve the same (or even better) results.
Originally Posted by Noedles
Aloe vera and honey are potent humectants, perhaps you are overdoing the moisture? Hair doesn't need loads of water to be healthy or for definition that is a common misconception. Hair needs a modest amount of water, too much swells the hair, raises the cuticle, makes it dull and frizzy. Shiny hair has the cuticle laying flat, any damage has been patched by ingredients such as silicones or hydrolysed protein, ingredients that coat the surface can also increase capillary adhesion between strands which helps with clumping and curl definition.

You may well not get instant gratification from Curly Girl friendly solutions, this is about playing the long game. Silicones are the main ingredient that give instant results, faux shine and slip. I can't understand why you would consider water soluble silicones but be against hydrolysed protein which is arguably more natural!

Sorry but natural oils do not achieve the same results as hydrolysed protein they have completely different properties. OIls are occlusives/ anti humectants/ sealers, some can penetrate reducing porosity and increasing elasticity. Hydrolysed proteins are film formers, patch repair, encourage the cuticle to lay flat, strengthen, weak humectants, curl boosting. I use and recommend both for different purposes at different times.

Gliss Kur ultimate volume ingredients: actives of natural origin emboldened, all backed by published research. Keratin is the main protein found in skin, hair and nails, collagen is also abundant in the human body in skin, bone and connective tissue, panthenol is AKA pro-vitamin B5. The remainder are fairly standard emollients, pH adjustors, preservatives, thickener, fragrance many of which are found in haircare products marketed as natural.
"water, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolyzed collagen, panthenol, cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed keratin, isopropyl myristate, behonoyl PG-trimonium chloride, citric acid, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, behentrimonium chloride, sodium methylparaben, hexylene glycol, fragrance, polyquaternium-37, dicaprylyl carbonate, hexyl cinnamal, amyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool, benzyl salicylate."

I highly recommend reading the Natural Haven blog and the 'curl chemist' articles by Tonya McKay here on NC, they explain what different ingredients families do to hair and there is plenty on the science of natural ingredients as well as some highly effective artificial ones.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect