View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
Firefox7275

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan.tepper8 View Post
Hello....
As a kid I had pin straight, thin hair and it got increasingly more wavy (and a bit thicker) over the years and by the time I was 14/15 I was about a 2c, 3a. I am now 19 and I have really pushed my hair to the limits (Daily blow drying/straightening, constant dying/bleaching) and now I'm lucky to get 2a waves (2b on a really good day!). I've tried everything to get my curls back from hair masks, to gels/mousses/cremes, and ditching shampoo but nothing seems to work. My hair still looks pretty curly when wet but as soon as it dries its frizzy then goes flat and stringy. I don't know what to do anymore, please help!!

Thanks,
J
Whilst you still heat style and colour treat the lengths you are compounding the damage, discouraging your natural curl pattern and worsening the frizz. Most commercial deep conditioners contain few to no penetrating ingredients they will just load your hair with silicones (build up) or humectants (hold too much water worsening frizz).

Proven beneficial ingredients for damaged hair include hydrolysed protein, coconut oil, ceramides, 18-MEA and panthenol. Protein is a curl booster, particularly good for fine and fragile hair. Be sure you are using plenty of leave in conditioner on dripping wet hair to encourage the curls to clump. Flaxseed gel and okra gel are also good for curl definition.

Remember that hair is dead so damage cannot permanently be repaired. Don't expect instant gratification you would need play the long game to get your curl pattern back, it may involve growing out or cutting out the worst of the damage. Split ends and breakage means that segment of hair is fried beyond recovery, these must be cut out to avoid them damaging healthy hair further up.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut
Treatments: Komaza Matani, coconut oil, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss ultimate volume, Inecto argan
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Experimenting with: going back to basics

Last edited by Firefox7275; 08-30-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Firefox7275 is offline   Reply With Quote