I've tried everything, but nothing works. I have very fine wavy hair. I mean extremely wavy on the verge of curly. I think we are a very small market, because all the research I've done turns up nothing. Although the drying straight from soaking wet is something I haven't tried. I will be sure to do this next time.

No disrespect to the woman with the brush hair thing, but with this type of hair, I imagine others have the same problem as I - which is that our hair cannot handle much pulling. It will come out. Even with product, hair drying can be a bit of a problem. I do have a Revlon hair dryer brush, and it's alright, but yeah, it can be a problem. Am I the only one?

Humidity is a huge problem. In the summer, I've found that putting a bit of putty or glue will help control the halo of frizz effect on the crown of the head. Normally, I put it on when wet, because it can leave white reside when dried, and it will tack it down like nails through a carpet, lol. It also will plaster my waves and encourage clumping as if it were done with super glue, lol. This is great for maintaining a long wavy look, and best, it can be re wet.

The stuff lasts all day long. Personally, I like the Tough It Out Glue by Garnier, which I believe has been discontinued. Others work similarly, like Garnier Rough It Out Putty. Then there is the Spike Glue from Got2B.

Anyway, I hope that one day people realize this niche market and help us. It was recommended to me that I use a tension comb, which I have one but again, pulling equals hair loss. I'd compare the strands of my hair to a spider's web, or a fine silk from silk worm. I wish I were a chemist because I would be solving this problem for everyone, lol.
Originally Posted by oscuranotte
Seems to me the problem is us wavies and curlies fighting our hair, trying to be something we are not. Worldwide we are two thirds of the population, in Europe 55%, not a niche and not small.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect