Hi everyone! I'm Alex, 19 yrs old, and due to being a studious and busy college student, I've decided to ditch the hair straightener after 4 years and go with my natural waves.
Unfortunately, my hair has been damaged from the heat treatment, as well as suffers from tons of frizz.

I am using a modified CG I read on a blog (person also has wvy hair). Plus, I need low-po more because I have oily hair.

So I'm on my fourth day on the CG and it's been actually going pretty well My waves are starting to adjust. I need to find a product for my frizz control, though.

So yeah, the basics:

Hair: 2b/some c, High porosity, High Density, Med Hair Width. Short hair with layers (growing out longest layer to shoulders)

Would love to have a Hair Twin or a Mentor for this. Otherwise, any advice will do.

(Also, random: who can tell me how some people on these threads have like a signature or end statement?? Please and thank you!)
Originally Posted by AlixFallenStar
Welcome!

Conditioner cleanses hair just as well as shampoo, my hair is literally 'squeaky' clean when I am done. Harsh surfactants can be the cause of a greasy scalp anyway because they strip and irritate the skin.

Beneficial ingredients for porous and damaged hair include coconut oil, hydrolysed protein, ceramides, 18-MEA and panthenol. I find loads of leave in conditioner is critical for frizz control. Cetyl esters are a wax, they are not CG either and built up terribly for me.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 09-01-2013 at 04:14 AM.