I'm hoping to order the book later this week. I've been reading things online, but everything seems so scattered and/or contradicting, it's sometimes kind of hard to put it all together. So hopefully the book will help.

As for hair properties....

Texture:
seems to be medium, though I do have some very course strands mixed in here and there

Porosity:
seems to be medium to high, I definitely get some catching feeling if I fun my fingers up the strand

Curl type:
I think I'm 2C or 3A? I don't know, what do you think?

Drying time:
My hair takes forever to dry. When I wash it at 7:30 in the morning and head to work, it's usually after noon before it's truly completely dry.

Dew point:
In my area it's currently around 51 degrees.

So for today.....

I tossed with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Define and Hold Creme. It was nearly gone anyway, and I never really did care for the sticky texture of it.

I co washed with the L`Oreal and conditioned with the Tressemme. Then added a fair amount of Tressemme as a leave in, a fair amount of KCKT, quarter size of the GF gel, combed with wide tooth comb, scrunched, scrunched out water with cotton towel, and plopped for 20 minutes with long sleeve t-shirt. Today it looks less frizzy, but has a lot of drying to do still, so we'll see how it looks later.

Right now it just feels stiff and crunchy. lol! Definitely need to play with how much of what to use.

I can play around with shorter plop times with week, because I know I won't have time for 20 minute plops before work.
Originally Posted by Antilles
I'd say 3a. Do you mean it takes forever to dry naked or with products on?

Try not combing your product in, that can split clumps and is not a regular part of the Curly Girl method. Try smoothing or raking. Since you are using a fairly basic/ lightweight conditioner and have a lot of hair you might experiment with way more leave in conditioner, I often think I've used too much but rarely have. Also sounds like you might need more gel for hold, maybe less Kinky Curly Knot Today since that is more of a detangler than a conditioner or styler.

You might also experiment with plopping first and scrunching excess water second from any sections that are just too wet, what you are doing is not wrong but you might find the other way better (or worse). With my more porous ends I can't take too much water/ product out when plopping or I get frizz, Or you might try only scrunching water out of some sections and not others that are prone to frizz/ dry quickly.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect