Sorry, Violets. That is a tough one. My sister in law's grandson (12 years old, no blood relation) will mow my moms yard when he comes over and she always pays him. He is never asked, put's in the work. At the same time (please don't take me wrong) we can't always afford to give him money. We know if hears mention of it, he (along with his sister) will expect it, so we have to sneak around the issue when it comes to my 4 nephews. At times we might plan to give them a gift or help them out, and we have to keep it hidden. I am not fond of that. I have been in more than one situation where specific cousins got gifts or money for chores from my grandparents or aunts and uncles and the rest of us didn't BUT we all understood why and never said a word. We didn't expect it. They couldn't afford matching socks, and needed it. Plus there's 32 of us. No way they could do for all. You don't always get the same as everyone else. I do think she should have offered to give him something, given that they paid everyone else, and not been so cold on the phone. Even if she possibly wasn't expecting it/needed to do it later.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-03-2013 at 11:26 PM.