It's sucky that they have one child money and not the other, but I agree this was a good time to teach him a lesson. He offered to help, it's not like they offered to pay them, didn't, or only gave him a little compared to someone else.

I think it was pretty rude that your son asked for money, but he's a kid and its one of those lessons.

When I was about 12, we were at my cousins ball tournament. We were gonna be there most of the day and I was getting bored. My Dad said he would drive me home. I offered to take my baby cousin so he would be out of the way, but more so because I loved being around babies. When everyone w got home, my uncle paid me for babysitting. My dad took me aside and said I had to give him the money back. I had offered, they hasn't asked me to so it. My aunt and uncle are well off, it wasn't a money issue, my dad just took it as a good teaching time.
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn