View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #33
RobotQT1

There are these shorter pieces underneath the rest of my hair, right in the very back, that could never fit into my braids or twists. They'd always stick out since they were too short to fit in with the rest of what I was doing. I had been so frustrated with my hair in general and having to go through the process of spritz/co-wash, detangle, style every day and the fact that no matter what I did my twist-outs never looked right that I took a pair of scissors and cut off those short pieces. I'm SO glad they're underneath the rest of my hair, because I'd probably have started crying right then and there if they weren't.

I then texted my mom, who works in a predominantly African American area (I'm half-black myself) to see if anyone she knew, knew anyone who could give me some braided style that I could leave in for a few weeks. She said she'd ask, but I never did that and now, a few months later, I'm over my hair frustration. The shorter stuff hasn't taken long to start growing back, which is great, because I was worried about how noticeable it would be whenever I put my hair up in a bun. Since I work in a library, and my primary jobs are shelving and checking in books, I like to keep my hair up out of my face.
RO: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Cleansing Co-Wash
LI: Proclaim Olive Glossing Condish
Oils: JBCO, EVOO, Grapeseed Oil
Styling: Fantasia IC Hair Polisher
DC: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm

RobotQT1 is offline   Reply With Quote