Protein limits are tricky when it comes to coarse/porous hair. When I first came here mine had been butchered during a bad color job, and then completely burnt down after I used a product with high protein content and a good amount of wheat germ. I was scared to death of protein after that, but kathymack helped me understand it a little better, and the new person doing my color reconstruct eased me into a treatment once my color was back to normal. *It wasn't CG. It was a mix of proteins with some good old Queen Helene, but it worked magic* I've now found that my hair loves some proteins, but I can not use them every day. I just have to watch how my hair feels, and rotate with straight moisture. If I use a moose that contains it, I will make sure the conditioner or LI I use prior does not, etc.
All things in moderation.

Sorry about the KMF gel some of you like. It is a shame when they do that, but I think they are required to change formulation every 7 or 8 years. It would be nice if they would leave something good alone. That sounds like something I would have loved to try.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-07-2013 at 12:14 PM.