So a few weeks ago, I posted about how my hair was not curling. However, altering how I plop gave me back my volumous curly hair. Well now my hair is back to the same old stringy, lifeless curls. And I think I know what the cause of the problem is...

Long story short, I think my hair loves hard water and hates soft water. For the past year (when my problems started further confirming my suspicions,) I moved to town and have been showering with soft water. I posted my question right before I moved back home for a week, figured out my hair and all was good. Now that I moved back to campus again, my hair is lifeless, bordering on over-conditioned, and overall, its in a worst state than from a few weeks ago. I can't even wear it down!

My question is, what should I do? I don't have a lot of money so I would rather not invest in expensive products that may or may not work.

BTW, my hair is fine, likes protein, and I think is med-low porosity.

I'm thinking of trying an at home protein treatment tonight and using less product. Am I on the right track? What would you all recommend? I'm quite sick of my hair at this point.

Last edited by stine; 09-07-2013 at 03:10 PM.