LOL whoever made that remark is a complete dolt - sounds like a case of one straight-haired person complimenting someone else with straight hair (and pathetically slamming others to feel better about him/herself).

As for the Natives, they've been pressured to chop down their locks since this country was "founded".
Originally Posted by Korkscrew
Having been pulled up and had the Tulsa story linked to, they (caucasian wavy I think) now say
"I meant 'unkempt' from the school's point of view. Obviously the new coach was concerned about the school's squeaky clean image, and I can see how someone like that would be prejudiced against hair that is out of the ordinary.

Of course I'm not saying that afros or dreadlocks are bad choices. But someone who is ignorant about anything other than caucasian hair could easily jump to the wrong conclusions. They might see an afro and think 'unkempt!', or dreadlocks and think 'dirty hippy!'. I'm very glad the school has reconsidered
."
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect