So, I just started, did my last-schampooing the 8th and first co-wash the 11th. Have something that looks like 2b/c for the moment, but with the more healthy parts of my hair looking more 3a, which I think is where my hair wants to go.

I used to wash my hair once a week, wear it in braids to get it less fluffy and all over the place. I did use to colour it, semi-permanent colour but it's 1 year since the last time I dyed it and well, it's still there about 1 dm left at the longest parts of my hair. Those parts are clearly dryer and in worse shape than the rest...

Anyway, I'm just trying to grasp the whole thing and figure out how to handle my hair as I've spent all my life trying to fight the curls and volume, and after accidently ending up with a hair dresser this summer who cut my hair curl by curl instead of cursing and flat-ironing it (which usually means that it looks bad afterwards + I need to shop off another inch as my hair hates flat irons) and it suddenly looks quite good once in a while I decided to take the leap.

What I'm currently stuck on is all the talk about deep treatment-things. I have no idea what to look for, or if this is even something I need? Where I live I don't have access to the products people here seem to talk about (though I found some places online that sells Jessicurl stuff) and I just feel clueless...

Is this sort of deep-mouisture/deep-protein treatments something that I need to do or should be doing? How do I know if I should and how do I know which products to use for this? (I have a good list of forbidden-stuff to look for in products, but what sort of things should I look for?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.