Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
... many in my generation had a very hard time getting a CC because we had no credit. Not bad, just none. Most were rejected several times.
this was me when i first moved here to London. at the time, i REALLY wanted to buy a little house in the same neighbourhood i live in now. it was only $88,000 for a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath renovated house.

but i had NO credit! i had given up all my credit cards almost 20 years earlier after the psycho ex ran them all up - i still wonder why the idiots who let him do that didn't notice he was signing his name, not even trying to forge mine. the companies had to write off a lot of the debt after letters from my lawyer and i paid the rest off and cancelled the cards.

when my mortgage broker explained i couldn't get a mortgage without establishing credit, i went and got a secured card and used it wisely for the next 2.5 years.

and i got a better house in the same neighbourhood. (good thing i didn't get the other one, it's right next to one set of train tracks and has NO basement - ergo, electric heat $$$ and no central air!)

this week, i renewed my mortgage at a MUCH lower rate with a new provider, and they are giving me a new credit card at a MUCH lower interest rate (i didn't want a rewards card) and a line of credit.

according to that chart, i am solidly upper-middle and top-5th in class.

i never would have guessed.

time for fun with the reciprocating saw again today - the evil shrubs out front need hacking back again!

and...

i'm having dinner with Mr. Gorgeous tonight.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!