Not everyone needs to do the same thing. It's all individual and you learn a lot by trial and error. Reading and learning will help you understand a little more about why your hair needs what. Knowing your hair properties will also help you know the "why." Here's a link to help you with that Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free The e-book that's available there is a good investment. All the information in one place.

I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. I'm older, so don't have an oily scalp. I've used natural soap bars to cleanse since they were really popular on nc.com around five years ago. They've since fallen out of favor. My hair has always satiated on product--even back in my shampoo/conditioner only days. I rotate products. Seldom using any one product more then once every five days, if that.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC