View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
Jimipe

Thank you again for all the help!

Basicly, I have super-super dry skin and tend to react to all sort of stuff. When I was around 12 my mum decided I had to wash my hair at least twice a week, preferably 3, and at the same time I started to get white flaky stuff from my scalp. So, then I "had" to use H&S and have really just kept on since then. I have now realised that it probably just contributed to the issue, as I got red areas all over my face after washing my hair with it, which took about 24 hours to go away, and as I cannot use regular soap on my body without it getting flaky and itchy, I should probably not use regular schampoo there either, and definitly not H&S. The reason I mentioned H&S was that I've realsed that it is pretty harsh on the hair...

I don't have the medical fungus-dandruff issues, I know how the look. I do have a "medical" schampoo which is sulfate free and silicone free that should work in case I would need it, but so far I have really no flaky stuff on my scalp, which never happened before. Which really just makes me believe that what I need is to stop drying my scalp out...

So, I have now gone a week since my last conditioner-wash and I have no flaky stuff that I can scrape from my scalp at all...Which seems close to a miracle for me...

I don't have any leave-in conditioner. I was adviced somewhere else to start with as few products as possible to get a feel for what my hair liked, plus as my hair still looks more like a 2 than 3 I thought leave in might be too heavy for it? Would just not rinsing out all of my heavier condition be good enough to start with?

And, I will see if I can find one of those products and try it. Thank you so much for all the help. Really really appreciate it.
Jimipe is offline   Reply With Quote