Say It. I Dare You.
View Single Post
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Fifi.G
Find More Posts by Fifi.G
Join Date: Dec 2011
Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 05:26PM
I just read that people are pushing for a ban on baby walkers because 34 children have died in the past 40 years. That's not a lot. I know that sounds b**chy. I say the same about the 105 people who die from chicken pox each year. When you look at population, it's nothing, and I would be more likely to think that a great deal of the 105 have an underlying condition. Now, back to it... 14,000 children end up in the ER each year from baby walker accidents and 95% of those are a result from falling down stairs. Well no f'n wonder!!! *Apparently the other 5% of injuries are a result of pinched fingers, bumped heads, child trying to climb out and falling, child standing on the walker and touching hot coffee... basically anything that could happen with any object at any moment* Now they are saying the few months a child uses a baby walker delays motor skills, damages posture, and causes neurological damage :-/ Okay. Unless a parent leaves their child in it 24-7, I would think the chances are not that great.
Letting them fall down the stairs might cause all three of those, in no time.
When I hear terms like "
" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??
Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-19-2013 at