You're going to have to forgive me because I am mind blown at the moment. I'm not trying to insult my beloved Canadian friends Just saying...

You can be fined up to $100,000 or receive jail time for letting your child use a baby walker in Canada. OMFG! The American Pediatrics Association has been trying to ban them since 1995. Yes, some parents believe that it teaches your child to walk faster/better. There is no evidence to disprove or prove this. Some just use it for exercise, leg movement, entertainment cause babies love it, so on and so forth. With the claims of it causing development problems (studies change every 15 years), I wondered how soon people were putting their babies in these things. I found some asking if they could start their child at 2 or 3 months. REJECT!! Again, no f'n wonder! Many are leaving them in too long while they use it as a baby sitter, and while I know accidents happen, I am sure many are not paying attention. You should know that your baby should be well into sitting up by themselves, pulling up, standing up, before you use it. If you don't want to use one, fine, but a ban is pretty extreme.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??