It gets better!
View Single Post
View Public Profile
Send a private message to fernando
Find More Posts by fernando
Join Date: Sep 2013
Spending the time (2 hr drive) to go have my hair cut and talk with Tiffany was soooo worth it. Talking it out with her really helped cut though my feelings of being overwhelmed. And, she was able to confirm that I am doing the rights things for my hair. It was very reassuring.
My hair is fine with medium porosity and medium elasticity. Density is thin to med. 2c/3a. I do have some areas of coarse hairs.
Key points I have learned that help my hair:
1. Protein is critical to my fine hair. But I have to balance it with moisture.
2. Plopping more than 5 min angers my hair. I guess it just wants to be free.
3. Although I have slightly multi-textured hair, I have to stick with products for fine hair and just be generous with them. It just creates better curls.
4. I have to be very patient before I SOTC. Scrunching before itís dry enough will cause the dreaded frizz.
5. Water without product causes frizz in my hair. For second day hair I spritz at the roots with Lavender water then lightly smooth my hair with CJ Pattern Pusha.
Right now I'm using all Curl Junkie products. Washing with the gentle cleansing shampoo. I do my best to do 2 deep treatments per week (just long enough to shave my legs). Although life gets in the way of this a lot of times. I alternate between Repair Me! and Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix. After that I'll user either the Argan & Olive oil or Strengthening conditioner. I then use the Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite and Curls in a bottle. Squeeze out and much as I can. Then use a flour sack towel to squeeze out even more. Plop just long enough to get out of the shower and dry off. I generally part in the middle, but most of the time I just see where the hair wants to fall. I use a chopstick to very gently loosen the curls after the plop without breaking any clumps. I also use the chopstick to gently lift the hair off the top/side of my head so I donít get flat hair up there. Then I clip while drying. Sometimes I air dry and sometimes I diffuse. I think the pics are from a diffusing day. Then I SOTC.
I tried the DevaCurl products before going CG completely. They just fried my hair. I think their lack of protein caused me issues so I stay away from them.
The Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibisus line is pretty good. The Curl & Style Milk works very nice, but the Souffle was too hard of a hold for me. I couldnít find good conditioners that I liked in this line though.
Kinky-Curly Knot Today was just too heavy for my hair.
I have some JessiCurl products that Iím going to experiment with sometime. But right now Iím so happy it might be a while before I do.