A couple of people living "hood rich" should not effect millions. And please believe, one missed check and these people are in BIG trouble. Those TV's will be back to Rent-a-Center and the cars will be repo'd.

In general this mentality is very frustrating to me. This song says it all

Gator Boots, with the pimped out Gucci suit
Ain't got no job, but I stay sharp
Can't pay my rent, cause all my money's spent
but thats OK, cause I'm still fly
got a quarter tank gas in my new E-class
But that's alright cause I'm gon' ride
got everything in my moma's name
but I'm hood rich da dada dada da
Just because they are flossing, it doesn't mean they have money. These are the same ones coming to me and my responsible friends and family the day after the big cookout because they don't have enough food for the week.
Originally Posted by scrills
That's even worse!

But I know some of them have it bc when their vouchers get cancelled (due to fraud or whatever), they can seemlessly go from paying less than $100/month to paying $900/month out of pocket. I see what they have.

Obviously, this isn't all ppl receiving benefits. I think most begin w/ documented, unquestionable need. But somewhere along the line, their circumstances change. But some get too comfortable and won't voluntarily opt of out of the system or report the changes, as they are supposed to.

And it's not just the cash that they do it for. There is huge peace of mind that comes from knowing that if you get laid off or fired or decide to quit your job, you can make a call, and everything is taken care of.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG