mircurls -- when i first used the pump bottle pp my hair hated it. however, i kept it on hand and last winter started using it on dry or damp hair, great results. a couple of months later i used it on wet hair, with some leave in and a sealant (usually jane carter n&s), loved it. and i've used it on and off this summer and now and still like it.
it never gives me frizz, always gives me shine and decent curls. not only does it not give me frizz, i can use it on the canopy to get rid of frizz. i don't get tight curls with pp but i do get curls and great hair that is shiny and does not have frizz. i prefer using it over other stylers as it gives my hair consistent results. with other stylers i may have a wow day but then i can also have a very bad day. pattern pusha is the styler i carry when i am away from home, it's the one i use when i absolutely need to have a good hair day.
for me, the difference i thought at first was sealing my hair. a huge difference. this summer i did not always do that and still had good hair with pp. what also works best for me with it is a little leave in and more pp. and i've gone back to using a sealant as the dew points are dropping here.
i say keep trying. i'd use a little leave in, maybe like cj beauticurls leave in. i've used that and i've used a tiny bit of curl rehab. oftentimes curl junkie products work when i figure out the best products/routines to use with it, then it becomes a staple for me.
or, it just may not be right for your hair. but i'd give it a try with leave in first.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine