Hi! My name is Kisha... I'm 34 and I've actually been natural for a over 5 years. Well, I actually stopped flat ironing my hair about 1 1/2 ago, I think that makes it official . I say that I don't know what took me so long because I've frequented this site quite a bit since the chop but haven't registered until now. The site has been so extremely helpful that I've recommeded it to people I know that are either considering going natural or that have already gone natural but they feel stuck... like I was:

When I first stopped relaxing my hair, I wasn't comfortable with my "wild and untamed tresses". I used a hair care line that left my hair looking great but it was such a chore... it took hours from start to finish. To make matters worse, I had no idea how to keep my curls without starting the process all over a gain the next day. Well, needless to say, I skipped getting another relaxer but I sure did flat iron my hair once a week; wrapping it at night of course to keep the style.

In 2011, I realized I was so sick of the world telling me that my hair needed to be straight in order to be beautiful and really not feeling beautiful unless my hair was straght! I didn't get why they and me (for that matter) had such a problem with my natural hair... exactly as it grew out of my scalp. So I packed up my flat irons and told myself I would give going natural another go... for real this time. Unfortunately, 1/2 year in, I realized that I had no idea how to take care of my natural hair. None whatsoever! And I was deathly afraid of my hair breaking off. So, I caved...

Nope! I didn't run back to the creamy crack, I got the big chop! Before the chop my curly hair was just past my shoulders and after the chop I had somewhat of a faux hawk... that is until my lack of patience placed me in the chair of an unfamiliar stylist who completely ruined my cut . So now I have a "not so TWA" that I've decided to grow out a bit more, now that I've got a pretty concrete hair care routine: (I am so sorry for the length of this post, lol) I detangle twice a week, wash and deep condition my hair about once a week, co-wash once between washes, moisturize & seal daily and cover my hair at night with a satin scarf.

I feel like I've come a long way... but with all the different products and techniques I'm not even half way to knowing all that my tresses can do .