Hello! I've been using this site for a while now and I've finally cracked and joined the forum here. :-D

I'm searching for some new products or techniques to help enhance my curls. I've been CG for about 1.5 years now, but I'm not completely satisfied yet. So, this is where I come asking for advice.

Sounds, easy right? Not so fast...I have yet to mention a few important things. I do not have a lot of time or money to spend on my hair. I probably take about 15min to do my hair in the morning and avoid spending over about $15 on hair products (magic number 15?? ).

Currently, I use soap bars with ACV rince or co-wash with suave naturals. Then, I use giovanni leave-in to detangle my hair and then scrunch in some aloe vera gel and plop until I leave the house.

About my hair:
Pattern: 2C
Porosity: some high and some low randomly around my hair.
Density: normal
Texture: finer side of medium
My hair tends to be straighter on top and more curly on the bottom. I've also found that my hair looks best in humid climates! However, I live in a dry area. My hair is fairly long, but it's pretty healthy. I've donated it before (cut off 10 inches) and did notice a slight increase in curl, but I'm not looking to cut my hair right now.

Products I've already tried:
Leave-ins: Shea moisture leave in, shea moisture smoothie (too heavy for my hair), shea moisture yucca milk, and giovanni leave in
Gels/stylers: aloe vera gel, FSG, Oyin handmade shine and define

What I would like is something thats not too expensive or time consuming to help enhance my curls and give me some more volume. I've gotten the best results using FSG, but I don't really have the time to keep making batches. Also, my hair liked oyin handmade shine and define. I love to try new things, but don't have the money to do so and that is why I am asking advice before I go buy a bunch of products that don't work.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1380330490653.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  57.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1380330502699.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  47.4 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1380330511730.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  36.7 KB

Thanks for all of your help!! :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by KC13; 09-28-2013 at 04:55 PM.