Here we go again, for however long this lasts (hopefully not long). Where I live is surrounded by 2 National Parks, both to be closed, during the busiest tourist season. I remember how many tourists based businesses had to close in 96, during our 3rd busiest time. Locally, this will hurt if extended. On the upside, I won't be *****ing about tourists or traffic.

** I did get a little tickled reading some frantic posts from people who had already made reservations to come travel the parks. Can they really close them? Well yes, yes they can. They have gates with locks that go across the roads. Sure, you can park at the bottom hike several mountain miles to then hike a particular trail or attraction, but about 10 mountain miles up hill you're going to say eff the devils courthouse! I wouldn't want to be in grave yard fields ,while bears are making their last rounds to fill up for hibernation (mmmm. berries), with my car a billion miles away, either.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 09-30-2013 at 11:17 PM.