Yes I use a Leave In every day. Not really sure about a sealer... My hair seems to have an issue with oils. They just make my hair greasy and icky. I think I have 2b hair, if that helps.

I'm been kicking around the idea of trying to do something with coconut oil again.

For leave in I usually rotate around
Marie Dean Mango butter stuff
Shea Moistures Milk Soothy
Curl Keeper (not really sure if that's a leave in)
CJ Aloe Fix

For gels that go on after the leave in
My homemade okra gel
AG recoil
Eco gel (just tried for the first time yesterday)
Easily a half dozen other gels that are CG approved but I can't remember the names right now.

Shampoos are
Trader Joes tingle stuff
Burts bees stuff
SM shampoo

Conditioner
Yes to carrots
TM naturals
Suave coconut
V05
Mane and tail (haven't actually tried this one yet)
Loreal co wash

I also try to do a yogurt/jello protein treatment once a week. Usually it actually happens every 1.5-2 weeks. Hopefully I can squeeze that in tonight.

I know I'm forgetting lots of products that I have squirreled away, but these are the ones that are in the shower and on the counter tops right now

I figure I'm going to commit to two weeks of shampooing every 4 days then take a check point. Is that enough time? I don't think my hair has any build up right now... but it's not feeling dry either. To much moisture or products just weighs it down. Can't there just be a magic wand? LOL
Originally Posted by JAJameson2010
What are your hair properties? What are you trying to achieve with the yoghurt and with the penetrating oil (coconut)? What do you mean by too much moisture - which products/ ingredients do you think are imparting this?

I agree with Sixelamy: leave in is shortform for leave in conditioner, so a product rich in the major emollients (fatty alcohols/ cationic surfactants). You are using two stylers/ curl definers instead of a leave in conditioner and a styler. L'Oreal co-wash is a cleansing product, not really a conditioner.

If you are easily weighed down you might be best avoiding ingredients that are prone to building up - especially butters and waxes (including cetyl esters).
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect