Within the last few weeks my hair is having a bunch of problems!

When I detangle (gently, with fingers) I lose a lot of hair and I ALWAYS have knots - at least 2-4 each session.

My ends, no matter wet or dry, conditioned and sealed, are always tangled, knotted and seem to stick together. And my ends feel rough to the touch.

I've also noticed the flyaways at my hairline are not just at my hairline (yikes! hairline breakage?) And a lot of frizz at the root (wet or dry.)

Background: my hair was highlighted, but due to some mistakes they had to re-lighten it/add more highlights THREE TIMES!! (november, again in december and again in february.)

Even with all that color my hair has never seemed damaged...until now. I don't know what to do! And now, I'm noticing that those flyaways are probably hairline breakage too! (the hairs are about 2-4 inches long!)

I hope someone can help or give me some idea of what to do!! I'm kinda freaking out!
Originally Posted by wyldcurly
Your salon should never have agreed to highlight your hair three or four times, that is how to fry your hair!! TBH you'd be best cutting as much of the damage out as possible with a cute pixie, overprocessed and breaking hair is unlikely to be salvageable.

With the remaining hair use proven ingredients like coconut oil, hydrolysed protein, ceramides, 18-MEA and panthenol. You should also consider water soluble or amine silicones for slip and detangling. Do not do lengthy conditioning sessions, it won't achieve anything except weaken your hair still further - being wet swells the cuticle and breaks some of the structural bonds. You want as little water exposure as possible to avoid hygral fatigue. A good series of articles
THE NATURAL HAVEN: Deep Conditioning Update: Penetration and Adsorption
THE NATURAL HAVEN: Deep Conditioning: Effect of Time and Temperature/Heat
Porosity and Curly Hair
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect