First Co-Wash today with Tresseme Naturals conditioner. The formula is thicker than I expected. I ended up using about 20 pumps. It helped to add water to the conditioner which made it thinner and easier to apply. I will probably add water to the bottle itself to make it a runny consistency.

I then used Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Volumizing Conditioner, and SheaMoisture Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk.

Air Dry...

Things I don't like:

I lost the same amount of hair as I would have if I used a sulfate shampoo. *However, the strands were noticeably thicker than before using the thickening milk!

Air drying takes too long! My hair has that wet look until noon until it's dry enough to start picking it out. I think I'll start diffusing on low heat in the mornings when my hair is wet.

Day 1 always looks the worst to me. Looks like I'll need to add a styling product in addition to my volumizing milk to hold the curl. Instead it gets limp like you can see here.

I could use a CG cut.

Lastly, I'm still not sure how to tell if I need more protein. I stretched my hair dry and there was no stretch or break. I tried to stretch it while wet and some hairs stretched but didn't break. Others stretched and went back to their shape. Some others didn't stretch at all. One stretched then broke. I'll have to research proteins a little more.
Attached Thumbnails
Going COLD TURKEY!!-photo.jpg   Going COLD TURKEY!!-photo-1.jpg   Going COLD TURKEY!!-photo-2.jpg  
Day 1 of Curly Girl method: 10/5/13
3b Mostly Normal Porosity. Medium Density, Fine to Medium Width, Medium Texture.
SM Y&B TS and Condish. Ecostyler with Argan oil gel.
Daughter: Long frizzy Swavy 2a turned Wavy Curvy 2B - thanks to Devachan, Low Porosity, Medium Texture, High Density

Last edited by Marixpress; 10-09-2013 at 01:18 PM.