Old 10-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #77150
Fifi.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerriP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
Yes!!!

Numbers Don't Lie, Network Reality Television Is FINALLY Dying

I know the numbers have declined further in the past few months. I heard something about it on the news yesterday. Burn baby burn! It should have never went on this long. Shows like this are a phase, not a constant. Just like the days of 100,000 game shows and Circus of the Stars, etc...

* Random edit* I had to double check the old COTS. I knew it was not weekly but couldn't remember the scheduling and it was going to bother me for no reason. It was one episode a year from the late 70's to early 90's. That way they had real time to rehearse (because these people were actually busy). I think I stopped watching in the late 80's, but I vividly remember Wonder Woman (Linda Carter) on and elephant and The Wheel of Death. Brooke Shields walking on broken glass, and the sister from Different Strokes (Dana Plato) doing the tight rope and trapeze. Oh, and Bo Duke riding his motorcycle through a wall of fire. Haha
This makes me happy and sad - I am a Survivor lover, but... every season I swear will be my last season because I do get bored (and tired of the same players over and over). I do think it's way overdone - the only one I really watch is Survivor.
No, that's a lie. I watch(ed) Dance Moms but finally have cut that one after the last season
I used to watch American Idol. I watched the first few years, stopped, watched one season that was being discussed on here when I joined and stopped again. I watched The Voice when it came out (I like talent-variety things as a general rule), and then quit because I had stopped watching A.I, why am I watching this? I loved Project Runway, but the drama in it has increased every year. I don't give a damn why you're crying at your dress form. Lol. I hear the challenge, see the sketches and fabrics chosen and then I fwd to the runway show. It's hard not to watch something in the reality realm because it's on almost every channel, every night. I've watched Dance Moms repeats at 3 am when working. Again, I didn't care about the drama, but it kept me awake. I watched Toddlers and Tiaras for a while. It was my favorite case study. *I was mortified by the spray tanning, hair coloring, teeth bleaching, and horrific parenting being done to tot's.* It's more like train wreck (but I finally turned away), and I watched Honey Boo Boo after she appeared on T&T a few times. More recently my co workers got me hooked on Duck Dynasty. They watch a lot of the Swamp People, Ice Road Truckers type ... whatever. It's not the typical reality show I watch, but it is good for a laugh. I honestly wont care if all of them end though. I only pay real attention to one, and it's because I'm bored.

*one more edit... does anyone even cook on Food Network anymore? It's all Chopped, Cut Throat Kitchen, whoever that guy is who comes in a screams at people with failing restaurants. (Well, my phone is not working right. Try again) Through the 2000's, I have already watched the downfall of Music Television, The Learning Chanel and Arts & Entertainment Chanel. Very sick of the reality take over. Executives are a bit over zealous.

Last edited by Fifi.G; 10-09-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Fifi.G is offline   Reply With Quote