View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 AM   #77158
Fifi.G

Bless one of my friends hearts. She tried to put together a fund raiser for a guy in his early 30's who had a massive stroke. It has left him disabled. She sent out all the requests for everyone to attend and then the closer it got to the date, she flew into a panic. She had nothing for it. She had not been working with anyone. She needed tents, chairs, coolers, ice, drinks, cups, plates, utensils, food, cakes for cake walks, on and on and on. I had to work and could not go, but I thought... If you are asking the entire guest list to fund the fund raiser how do you expect to get extra money for the benefactor? Most people hit up funeral homes for tents and chairs. Yeah, a little depressing, but they have plenty. You talk to stores about donations. He's a local guy and many people know him, like him, and want to help. Your average person can bring coolers, and bake cakes for cake walks, etc. That's a standard but they can't buy burgers and hot dogs for 250 people.

It was the 3rd or 4th fund raiser for him anyway so I think people were a little tapped out.

Fifi.G is offline   Reply With Quote