I've had wavy hair since I was born, but never knew how to take care of it, so ended up with super short hair styles and straightening it when it was long. On humid days I would get so fed up, and that's where the super short cuts came in. I wore it wavy here and there way back when, and I believe I was about a 2b.

When I first started CG, about 2 years ago, I didn't do it properly (no leave in, no stylers, no sealing my moisture, used soap bars with no conditioner after) and I ended up with about 2" of dead, dry, straw-like ends. I chopped those off and started straightening again. I was also a colorer of my hair for many a year. The last color I got was highlights and lowlights, which damaged my hair pretty significantly, with straightening my hair on top of that. Been growing them out for about a year now, and keep getting cuts hoping it will come out. I still have some ends in front with highlights that are dry still, but getting MUCH better from CG method! I got my first curly Deva cut yesterday and I can't believe how different my hair is reacting, and how much more product I can leave in my hair without weighing it down. So I figured while it's short now is the time to really focus on hydration and getting it healthy to finally grow out properly. Now my hair is a 2c and 3a in spots. I believe I will be an overall 3a or even b when it grows longer and can actually finish the curl pattern like the very front of my hair. It makes a huge difference!

Just keep your hair hydrated, your hair will tell you what you need. You just have to figure out how to read it. PT can be damaging if you get too much, so be careful with this. If you find certain areas aren't curling correctly, you can spot treat with PT (I do on my underlayer and works like a charm). Same with deep conditioners. I DC about once a week, if not more if I need it. The knowing what your hair needs comes with time and experience. I highly recommend Curl Junkie Repair Me! for protein, and I absolutely love DevaCare Heaven in Hair for deep conditioner.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo

Last edited by sixelamy; 10-11-2013 at 08:17 AM.