Woohoo! I found my groove! For the past two days the dew point has been in the sweet spot of 40s and 50s. I decided to try my next experiment.

Low pooed with SheaMoisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo and Conditioned with that same line's conditioner. I added the Tresseme Naturals on top of that to truly saturate my hair before finger combing out the loose hairs and tangles. [My hair doesn't tangle much thankfully because I sleep in a satin cap.] I washed out most of the conditioner then scrunched out the extra water. It was still wet but not dripping all over the place. When I scrunched, it still made that squish sound.

Now time to layer my styling products!

I added the Yucca, etc thickening milk by scrunching and raking. Then I added Shea Moisture Curling Enhancing Smoothie, also by raking and scrunching. Then I used Ecostyler with argon oil to seal it all in. I applied about a quarter size to my palm, rubbed hands together and scrunched. It's thick so a little goes a long way. The gel dries pretty fast on my hands so when it did I just added a splash of water and rubbed my hands together again to reactivate the gel.

I tried air drying but my hair was looking so limp and my curls loose. I diffused my hair after it was 50% dry (I'm going to diffuse right away next time) and it looked amazing! Each curl was defined and moisturized. I scrunched but there was no crunch surprisingly. Diffusing took care of that "wet look" that I hate so much.

I'm still not happy with the amount of hair I lose. I noticed hair from all different cycles. Long hair with short new growth.
Attached Thumbnails
Going COLD TURKEY!!-photo-1.jpg   Going COLD TURKEY!!-photo-2.jpg  
Day 1 of Curly Girl method: 10/5/13
3b Mostly Normal Porosity. Medium Density, Fine to Medium Width, Medium Texture.
SM Y&B TS and Condish. Ecostyler with Argan oil gel.
Daughter: Long frizzy Swavy 2a turned Wavy Curvy 2B - thanks to Devachan, Low Porosity, Medium Texture, High Density