View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
chloe92us

I've been thinking about this lately. KCKT is said not to be a "true" conditioner because it doesn't have as many fatty alcohols, oils, or other emollients as most other conditioners do. Therefore, it's not very "moisturizing".

When you look at the ingredients, I believe the first few (in blue) are in a water infusion (this is just an assumption!) Marshmallow root is, however, a film-forming humectant. The next two ingredients are an emollient and a cationic conditioning agent.

Organic mango extract, organic slipper elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, *behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

In my opinion, the definition of a conditioner is one that would beneficially affect the "feel" of your hair, right? By adding slip, and reducing friction, this product is useful for people like me who have kinks in their hair that tend to catch on surrounding hairs, either splitting up the clump, or causing frizz. KCKT, therefore, DOES condition my hair, In the way I need it to! I don't "need" additional moisture, what I need is SLIP. This is an excellent detangler, and prep for stylers. It is lightweight, and doesn't negatively effect the crunch factor of my gels because it does not have oils. This, for me, is a good thing.

If, however, you want a leave-in that is heavier on emollients because your hair tends to feel dry by the end of the day, etc, than this probably isn't the LI for you.
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip

Last edited by chloe92us; 10-25-2013 at 06:22 PM.
chloe92us is offline   Reply With Quote