I'm new on here and there is are a few questions I have but I don't know how to open a new thread to begin one. Any advice?

Plus my hair is 3b/3c/4a type hair and I have always had low porosity hair. Ive been natural for 6yrs, yes 6yrs with no length to speak of, no healthy strands either. Since I've been researching I see that I haven't been taking care of my hair properly. But on top of have low porosity hair I'm trying to see how to tie it all together to get healthy hair. And while I'm trying to figure out what to do with mine, I'm also trying to figure what to do with my oldest girl. How old does she need to be to test her porosity level?
Originally Posted by 3naturalwatkins
Welcome! There is a 'new thread' button at the top of each board.

Test porosity how? The DIY tests have been debunked, it's best to assess porosity based on hair's behaviour or a hair analysis under a microscope. You could also do with knowing your coarseness and elasticity.
THE NATURAL HAVEN: Junk Science - Hair Porosity Tests / Float or Sink
The Wavy Library: GoosefootPrints Hair Analysis with My Analysis Results
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect