Spiderlashes, I'm sure that he's tired because he yawns and his eyes get heavy. Normally, when he's tired and I put him in his bouncy seat, he won't fall asleep. I hadn't tried any of the methods you mentioned until today. NvmbrCurlss, I thought about that! According to his mom, he doesn't get a lot of sleep at night and hardly naps, so it's very likely that he's overtired once nap time comes. I've created a routine for him.

Now for the great news! Today, I laid him in his bed right when he yawned/rubbed his eyes, and he was in a dimly lit room (thanks, Spiderlashes!!!) I hummed a tune, and gently patted him, and he fell asleep! He slept until his mom arrived (50 minutes) and she woke him, but he could have slept longer. I plan on following this same routine consistently, while slowly taking away the humming and patting, and pretty soon he should be falling asleep on his own. I'm going to tell his mom about the new routine! Thanks for the help!!!

Another question: Can babies get stressed? My cousin's parents don't have a stable relationship and they fight and argue a lot. I'm wondering if he can sense their emotions?
Originally Posted by ElizabethFaith
Yes, babies can def get stressed. And it's worse for them bc they can't communicate their feelings and you can't verbally console them. So all they can do is cry and then internalize the rest. IDK that they can "sense" emotions but they can def be startled by shouting and door slamming and being put down/picked up less gently than they should be.

Poor little guy. I'm sure he'll appreciate the break he gets when he's w/ you.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG