I can not watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (love this movie) without thinking of several of my friends parents. I'm reminded of going to visit my oldest friends dad when we were 17-18. He was living in a house boat on the coast by that point. He was a former surfer, and loved the ocean. He made us steaks and bought a bunch of beer and liquor. He still drank but had given up everything else. Anyhow, we get drunk and he proceeds to tell his recipe for making LSD. He made it in the 60's and 70's, and drove a truck from Texas to California running it and coke. He then tells us a story about my friends mom tripping on LSD when she was 8 months pregnant with her, she had a seizure, while eating yogurt, and her jaws locked on the spoon and he almost had to break them to get it out. He'a laughing, my friend looks horrified (though she is well aware she was born premie and addicted), and I'm looking for the portal back to sanity.

^ I won't even start on her mom. She's still at it.

That was a good 45% of my friends story. Haight-Ashberry or marching on the Capital, we were so cool, hand your 10 year old money and send them down the street to buy pot... parents. Not even close. Fun to party with, though.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 11-18-2013 at 03:21 PM.