I'm explaining the process just in case anyone is wondering.

I know their procedure is to deep condition before cutting, which would cost me $90 at the salon, so I used a little bottle of their 12 Minute Deep Conditioning that I've had kicking around for a while at home and saved myself the extra expense.

I arrived at the salon about 15 minutes early. I was given a clipboard and questionnaire that listed questions like "How much time to you spend styling hair?" and "What would you like to gain from this visit?" - I asked for more volume, layers and a fuller look. My stylist (Liz) then greeted me with a warm smile and brought me to her station for a consultation. I let her know that I was using the curly girl method.

Next, she walked me over to the sink and sat me down on a super comfy massaging chair. She shampooed me with sulfate free Curl Recovery Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil because I had mentioned being CG. She followed up with Climate Control Conditioner because it was pouring rain outside.

Back at her station she took her sweet time cutting my hair. It was so relaxing that I felt my eyes get heavy and I bet I could have drifted away lol After a while when she was satisfied with the cut, she sectioned my hair in 6 -8 sections and began applying Climate Control Gel a nickle to quarter amount each section (way too much IMO). It was applied by smoothing, raking, and gently shaking. Next she used Playcurl Volumizing Foam scrunched in. Then she scrunched out the extra water and product with a towel and diffused until fully dry (their policy). The next step was to smooth in Clear Control Pomade for sealing and shine I guess. The last steps were to blow out the crunch (without diffuser) to break up my curls and to volumize then set with Styling Mist.

Some things she told me along the way: That it's important to deep condition after using proteins (which ALOT of their products contain). She also said that the Playcurl mousse was not to be used alone, but layered on top of a gel or other styling product. Back in the day, I used to wear the Playcurl alone and I loved it because my hair was so light and bouncy.

When the visit was over, she filled out a "Your Personal Prescription" card with a list of every product used and how to use them all. My hair lacked volume and felt that protein straw-like feeling. I didn't blame Liz for any of this. She did a great job. It was the products that my hair didn't take well to. Most of the trimming took place behind my head because I already layered around my face a few months ago myself out of frustration. I've had a chance to clarify and style on my own. I like it better than what it used to be but I would like more shorter layers.

I'm uploading before and after pics below. My stupid smart phone doesn't take great pics so keep in mind that it looked a little better in person.

Here are the products used with ingredients:

CURL RECOVERY
ULTRA-NOURISHING CLEANSING OIL

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Citric Acid, Glycerin, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Trichilia Emetica Seed Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Silicone Quaternium-8, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Starch Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Eugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum

CLIMATE CONTROL
DEFRIZZING CONDITIONER

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, PEG-40/PPG-8 Methylaminopropyl/Hydropropyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Polyquaternium-70,Wheat Amino Acids, Lauryl Laurate, Synthetic Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ceramide-2, PEI-10, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Panthenol,Polyquaternium-59, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

CLIMATE CONTROL
HEAT & HUMIDITY GEL

Water (Aqua), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Leaf Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Dimethicone Copolyol, Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-28, Glycerin, PPG-26-Buteth-25, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PVP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

PLAYCURL
VOLUMIZING FOAM

Water (Aqua), Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Steareth-100, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

CLEAR CONTROL
POMADE

Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil, Oleth-20, Oleth-5, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Polysorbate 80, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Benzophenone-4, Cetyl Acetate, DEA-Oleth-3 Phosphate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum)

STYLING MIST
SETTING & HOLDING SPRAY

Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Ethyl Ester of PVM/MA Copolymer, Alcohol, Aminomethyl Propanol, AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Benzophenone-3, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), PEG-12 Dimethicone, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Fragrance (Parfum), Eugenol, Limonene

Pic 1 - Leave-in and gel - Day 1

Pic 2 - At the end of 2nd day curls refreshed with spray bottle of water & conditioner then picked out after dry

Pic 3 - Immediately after cut in the salon

Pic 4 - After clarifying and styling myself Day 1
Attached Thumbnails
Ouidad Cut Scheduled!!-photo-1.jpg   Ouidad Cut Scheduled!!-photo-2.jpg   Ouidad Cut Scheduled!!-photo-3.jpg   Ouidad Cut Scheduled!!-photo-4.jpg  
Day 1 of Curly Girl method: 10/5/13
3b Mostly Normal Porosity. Medium Density, Fine to Medium Width, Medium Texture.
SM Y&B TS and Condish. Ecostyler with Argan oil gel.
Daughter: Long frizzy Swavy 2a turned Wavy Curvy 2B - thanks to Devachan, Low Porosity, Medium Texture, High Density

Last edited by Marixpress; 12-18-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Edited to include scrunching out extra water and product