View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 12:21 PM   #31
SCG

Gah, I had so many!

Let's see...

1) In 7th grade, I attended a private art class. I was the only person in the class with curly hair, just so you know. A couple of hours before the class, I had gotten my hair cut. As I usually did, I asked the stylist to straighten it for me, since I thought (then) it looked best on me. One of the girls came up to me (you know, poker straight absolutely NO body) and said "OHMIGOSH, Sarah, you look soooo much prettier now that you straightened your hair, you should do that more often!" I remember wanting to slap her across the face, but I just said "Euh... thanks..." and walked away half wanting to cry.

2) It was actually a couple of days after the previous story, just so you know. I was going upstairs after a shower, and after using my hair products and stuff, my brother (8 at the time) walked up to me and said "Eww, sarah, I hate it when you make your hair curly again, you're not as pretty." I didn't even say anything at that, I just sort of walked away.

It made me feel good though, when I got millions of compliments on my newly cut curly hair, even from people I didn't know. :-D

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
SCG is offline   Reply With Quote