So I wanted to cry this afternoon. The bestie called me and cried for well over an hour. He will not be moving to Colorado because the drifting glass blower/pot grower he was thinking of moving with changed his mind yet again. Surprise, surprise! I am just glad it happened now, rather than after he spent a great deal of money to move away. It was happening one way or the other. He is in such pitiful shape right now. He has reached the lowest low of his life and he has been living in it for so long. He is well aware, he is taking steps, and I could not be prouder. I still worry because he won't give anything a change. Antidepressants... Taken them all! Nothing works! In reality, it's been 15 years sine he has taken one. Therapy... Never helps! In reality, he tried it one time and never went back. He screams no before he ever gives anything a chance, and he is really going to have to open his mind right now. If he doesn't, I don't think he will live like this much longer. All I can do is ask him to tell professionals exactly what he told me, and hope he can push himself a little. He is stuck in the rut of staying at home 24-7, on the computer. Hell, so is almost everyone we know. That's part of the problem, except he hardly even leaves for work anymore and you can not get him to go out 99% of the time. I've not been able to get him to go out for several years.

Isn't it lovely when depression symptoms become a common way of life?
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??