^ I wonder if schools still do the generational projects (or better yet, just simply talk to people in your family). Sometimes, based on things I read, it does not seem like it. I loved those. We did a few different ones between elementary & high school. You were assigned your generation, had to find a family member or family friend from that generation and interview them. It was a good way to find out what life and general attitudes were like for them while growing up.

I had already heard most of the stories from parents, grandparents and great grandparents (etc) but it was nice to record it. Loved the clothes talk. What was cool. (No need bothering my grandmaw with that one. "Cool. What's cool? Pick up a broom and sweep! Make the bed. Plow the garden! No one had time for cool.") And also the food. Big hoops of cheese, saltine crackers in barrels at general stores, one Coke a week if you were luck, penny candy Neat.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 02-24-2014 at 09:03 PM.