My hair is 3c/4a. One fail safe product for me is Aveda Universal Styling Creme. It is one thing I can go back to and get nice results with. My hair is happy with it, so I just need to keep it in the rotation.

My hair also loves Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel and Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Jelly. I prefer the latter, because it is a bit easier to manipulate and feels really really goood on my scalp while the FOTE feels a bit heavy.

I currently use two Curl Junkie products: Hibiscus and Banna Honey Cream Leave in and Coffee Coco Curl Cream.

I also use olive and coconut oil in my hair, which also makes my hair nice.

I like to put a small blob of Universal styling cream, a small blob of olive and coconut oil mix, a small blob of aloe vera gel, and a small blob of leave in in my hand, mix it up and rake it through my hair. Sometimes I add the curl cream to this mix.

I have been wearing my hair pulled back consistently for the last 10 years, though. I get my hair blown out and pressed every 3 months or so for a haircut (I'm overdue for one, actually.).

I was in Toronto recently and thought about going to Johnathan Torch's salon to get my hair cut and styled. He produces the Curly Hair Solutions products.....guess I'm glad I didn't go after all.

I used to be a big product junkie, but not anymore.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.