I can already tell it is going to be one of those days. Why not, it's been one of those weeks. I just need to ask for strength not to yell at people I've already had more, "My son/daughter lives in another county and just called me because he/she needs officers/ems to go check on his/her spouse at their home." calls than I can count. Congratulations on raising a person who can not call for help themselves, and extended the response time to their spouse in need by several minutes.

*On top of our already explosive phones, another agency just called saying their phone systems are down so we need to take their calls today, get all the info, and call them on their cells. It would be one thing if this was another 911 center. They can transfer their calls to us, and we have to do that for each other from time to time but this is the animal shelter. Sorry but I don't give a isht unless it's an animal bite or a bad situation. That's all I am paid to give a isht about, after hours and on weekends. I can't field questions about puppies and kitties in the middle of heart attacks and suicides. I am sure we will get a ton of calls though. Just like everyone else they have our nbr listed on their answering machine.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 04-03-2014 at 07:57 AM.