Eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive. I live in one of the most expensive cities in the entire world and still manage to feed both myself and my partner on our minimum wages.

The first thing you need to know is that weight loss is as simple as calories in vs. calories out, all the stuff about metabolism and genetics matters very little in comparison to that. Maybe 20% at the most.

For exercise you don't need to buy DVDs, there are plenty of free workout routines on youtube and all over the internet. The Couch to 5K plan is an easy and free program as well.

The most important thing you should do is calculate your BMR to find out how many calories you should be eating, and how many you will need to restrict in order to lose weight. Most calculators will even have an activity level you select so if you work out, simply hit 'active' or 'lightly active' and it will take what you burn off into account.

Seasonal fruit and veggies are cheap, and eggs are a great source of protein and also cheap. The biggest mistake most people make when trying to eat healthy is over complicating things. Start simple and then build up to 'fancy' recipes.

Here is an example of what I eat in a day:

Breakfast: A handful of large strawberries, half an apple, a small mandarin orange and a bowl of greek yogurt with granola and honey.

Lunch: Chicken and veggie stirfry, no rice or noodles needed!

Dinner: Frozen salmon baked with half a sweet potato over some raw greens with a little raspberry balsamic vinegar.

Funnily enough, junk food actually is MORE expensive than 'healthful' foods in terms if you sit down and do the math. For the same price as one large McDonalds meal you could buy rice and beans to last a week.

My experience comes from learning to be a personal trainer, as well as losing 60lbs and keeping it off myself as well as helping my partner lose 50lbs

P.S I spend about $120 buying groceries for my partner and I for two weeks. We ALWAYS have food leftover and eat very healthily and happily.
3A-3B / Medium / High Density / Low Porosity
Modified CG
Low poo: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine
Conditioner: Curls Unleashed NB
Leave in: Creme of Natura Argan Oil Strengthen & Shine
Styling Product: Curl Keeper/ Curly Solutions gel