I've gotten the "is that all your real hair?" question a few times in the past 10 years or so. It is still a weird one to me because it is relatively new, but with all the hair extensions and clip on's sitting on store shelfs it's not really unreasonable.

I get asked if I have a perm fairly often. Only two people slightly annoy me with it. One has been looking at me, at work, for 10 years. In that time I have used a flat iron a hand full of times and occasionally halfway blown out my hair and put it up in a way that gets it semi straight. Most of the time it has been as is. Short, medium and long YET she still asks me once a month if I get perms. The other really does not have good memory retention, or hearing, or concentration and she asks if I have gotten a perm every other week. Literally every other week for 3 years. I love her to death and know she can't help it but between the two, I want to scream.

The funniest was probably a friend who was no where remotely near the realm of sober one night (in our wild early 20's), and stroked my hair for 2 hours while we were watching Predator 2. He kept saying "it feels like spider webs. silky, and sticky spider webs". You may get your hand stuck in there but it wasn't sticky to anyone but him. Haha. I could not stop laughing. He was a Biology major at that time with a passion for spiders, and it was coming through.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 05-05-2014 at 12:14 AM.