Hehe. Biba Makeup was one of the first that created bight, dark and unusual colors. They did not use additives that toned the color down. They launched in the 60's.

Say It, I Dare You ~ Makeup/Beauty Style-imageuploadedbycurltalk1399311026.288934.jpg

I know one of the current trends for S/S 2014 is the good old blue eyeshadow ran across the lid and not blended. Sharp lines, and graphic liner. It's a Biba cosmetics look and we know the blue eyeshadow trend lasted thru the early 80's. *I do like the different blue liners trend with a summery lipstick. Simple eyes, pop of color with the liner and lips. One more ETA: Idk how I feel about the straight sweep of blue again. I do not mind some shadows that are just applied across, nothing in the crease, all over color, so on. But I also know makeup brushes did not become widely used until quite some time after they were talked up in the 60's or 70's. Women just applied with the sponge applicator that came with your Cover Girl It's a little odd to see it again.

Say It, I Dare You ~ Makeup/Beauty Style-imageuploadedbycurltalk1399311049.480287.jpg

The unusual lip colors have been coming and going since the 60's and 70's.

Say It, I Dare You ~ Makeup/Beauty Style-imageuploadedbycurltalk1399311096.028037.jpg
Say It, I Dare You ~ Makeup/Beauty Style-imageuploadedbycurltalk1399311110.433266.jpg

^ I love the green.

I love some of the unusual cheek colors Biba did. Mauves and lavenders.

Say It, I Dare You ~ Makeup/Beauty Style-imageuploadedbycurltalk1399311175.997160.jpg

I like looking at a lot of these colors in an editorial sense but the bright Barbie pink and creamy orange people call nude, the harsh blue eyeshadow ( which was often paired with the pink) and the unusual pastel lipsticks have always been at the bottom of my everyday look list.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 05-05-2014 at 12:15 PM.