I regret buying:

*the Real Techniques Eye Collection Set. These are amazing brushes. A.MAZING. However, out of FIVE brushes, I use ONE every day. I haven't even used two of them (at all) and I purchased this set about five months ago.

* Every face primer I own. Neutrogena Shine Control. Boots No. 7 Beautifully Matte. I still end up looking like an oil slick by the end of the day. I'm currently testing MAC's Oil Control Lotion but my hopes aren't very high.
Originally Posted by lovebonita
The Domed Shadow Brush by chance? I use that thing like crazy. I got the set last year and it took me a little while to use some of the others, but I did. I love the other shadow brush for creams. I use the brow brush for my brow powder and to do cream or shadow eyeliner and I use some of the smaller brushes to pin point conceal or get in the corner of my eyes without leaving a big old mess.

Sorry you are not having luck with foundations. I tend to go more toward the dry side and that has it's own set of problems too. What do you do? I hope the MAC will work well. I have heard a few pro's (doing tutorials) say to focus on finding a foundation that works the longest. You more than likely won't find one that works all day, but if you can get 5 or 6 hours without having to blot or set again, it's a good thing.

ETA: In other words, the "All Day Oil Control" claim is usually exaggerated or misleading, unless days are now 4 or 5 hours long. It's just like the reduces signs of aging in one week! There is no miracle in a jar, stuff takes longer to work, and sometimes going half a day before you have to touch up is a great thing. It beats an hour or two, and will stop women from throwing away several foundations because they did not last 10 hours or longer.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

Last edited by Fifi.G; 05-06-2014 at 09:22 AM.