I want to watch the documentary Anita. I was looking at a few movie reviews earlier and came across one on Ebert's site. I don't technically think you can have spoilers on a documentary about something you remember so I had no worries there. It did ask some rather good questions, though.

"I thought about Twitter while watching "Anita," Freida Lee Mock's documentary about Anita Hill. Twitter didn't exist in 1991 when Hill gave her testimony before the Senate, but I couldn't help but wonder how things would have played out if it had. The court of public opinion has always been presided over by a hanging judge, but 23 years ago there was at least time for a trial. Social media allows you to be executed minutes after you've been accused.

Back in 1991, all we had was CNN, the network news and the papers. The gauntlet that the infamous ran was a real one of photographers and reporters. Nowadays, in addition to that, there's a virtual gauntlet that's far more devastating to navigate. Would Hill, who became a high-profile gender and workplace rights law advocate in addition to continuing her teaching career, have been able to do so in today's binary universe? And would Thomas still be on the Supreme Court? Today's media explosions can destroy both sides."

Very true. Blood is screamed for and everything forgotten as soon as something new comes along. I completely agree with the first comment...

"Fascinating. It's always remarkable to me to see how trial by social media has been given so much credence. In the olden days, there were certainly opinions thrown around about major cases and allegations - Clinton, OJ Simpson, etc. - but now, with Facebook, blogging, and Twitter so prevalent in our lives, opinion becomes fact. Fact-checking has exited the building, and in its place are the mindless lynch mobs and witch hunts of yore. The hivemind exists, and it frightens me."

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/anita-2014

Yawn. It's already bed time
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??