Many years back I bought a DevaCare Kit with all full sized products in it. Plus, I purchased the Curly Girl Handbook too. I loved reading the handbook. But, the products didn't live up to any of my expectations. Plus, these products are very costly, and I ended up realizing that the DevaCurl line is not for me. I have naturally very dry hair. And, the products, I found at least for my hair wasn't providing it with any moisture. The longer I continued to use them, the drier my hair was actually becoming. Also, I find the products not to smell all that good either. So, I eventually ended up throwing all those products away.

I had been on the fence for a long time about trying the Jessicurl line. As I had this same feeling that it wouldn't be moisturizing to my naturally dry curls really at all. And, I have spent a ton of money on hair products, and I don't have anymore to waste. Based upon you ladies experiences with both lines, I feel that Jessicurl products wouldn't benefit my hair more so than the DevaCurl products did.

The most expensive brands of products that I currently use in my hair is Mixed Chicks and It's A10. Otherwise, the rest of the products I use come from either CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, or Sally's and they are highly affordable (costing less than $10) and do work for my hair.
3B, low density, high porosity hair

Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Conditioner
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Cleansing Conditioner
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave-In Moisturizer
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Refresher Spray
Marula Oil
Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter
Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter

Last edited by Reservechic; 06-25-2014 at 05:58 PM.