View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 04:10 AM   #1
Sigi

Default Exercise with kids

I've been wanting to get in shape now that the nice weather is here. My husband jogs to keep fit (May til Sept). Since I want to exercise too, he said we should get a jogging stroller. We have two kids, a 3 y.o. who weighs 38lbs and an 8 m.o. who weighs about 20 lbs. I know that I won't be the one pushing the thing while we are jogging, but that's almost 60 lbs to push while running at the same time. He's no wimp, but is that feasible? Does anyone have experience with one of these, especially a jogging stroller for two?

We've also talked about getting bikes and he mentioned towing the kids in one of those things that attaches to the back of your bike. I feel really weird about that idea although I see many people towing their kids on the bike trails. Our three y.o. has a helmet, but I don't think they make one small enough for a baby. The trails are paved and seem to be safe, but I am afraid that the thing might tip over and the baby could get hurt.

I suggested the idea of jogging seperately, but he doesn't want anything bad to happen to me if I am by myself (being attacked by a person, dog, or moose; getting injured, etc). I understand his concerns. I don't really want to sign up for a membership to a gym. Any comments are welcome.
Sigi is offline   Reply With Quote