View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #37
Spider

Sometimes I think I look like crap. other times I think I look pretty good, a lot depends on how I feel or what I'm doing. I'm still get a pimple now and then, along with tiny lines. Sometimes I hate my nose and long face, (sorta Sarah Jessica-ish), but I'd look stupid with a short nose, and I hate bangs on me, so I don't cover my forehead. I think my limbs can be long and gangly, and my man hands bug me sometimes. But I see enough of my parents in me, and my husband loves me just this way- that I can live with it all

So many of you sound like people that are famous (and beautiful!) for their differences (Lauren Hutton- gap smile for instance). And I truly believe that some of a person's beauty truly comes from the inside, even if their physical features are less than perfect.

For my wedding day I shopped and tried so many different makeup colors that I thought I'd go insane. I poured over magazines and websites for hair styles- I was doing pretty much everything myself so I was a bit worried. I felt I had to change myself or something.

On the day of our wedding I threw on my makeup, and the combs wouldn't keep my hair up (I nearly threw my hair into a ponytail!) but I actually had a "eh- who cares!" attitude when it came time to walk out. I was just determined for my DH and I to enjoy ourselves with our loved ones, and now looking back, I looked probably the best I've ever looked, because of the pure happiness in my heart. No boob job, nose job, hair extensions... could have made me look better.