Keep it simple-those sound like words of wisdom to me. I can't believe your hair is waist length now! That's some fast growing hair, I think the last time I looked at your pictures it was around bsl(which is pretty much my current hair length when wet). Your hair just gets more and more beautiful. You've always been about a year ahead of me in taking care of your curls, and now you're at least a year ahead of me in growing your hair out too. You have been and still are an inspiration to me banjo. A couple of questions for you(I know, this is such a long guano).. Can you really go without gel even in the summer? I mean I know you're an active woman too. Also, do you have any specific advice for those of us that are growing our hair out to about your length(or Ana's)? I have never had long curly hair since I was a kid so I am really just learning as I go here. My biggest issue has been with tangles and then experiencing lots of shedding when I try to detangle my hair.
I liked that part about we must be doing something right. Thanks and I totally agree that lush and hockeymom have beautiful curls!!(they both have to know how much I adore their hair by now though. :P )
Originally Posted by Iwantcurlyhair
wow--thanks so much for the compliments! i just uploaded some pics from this month with the garnier fructis and no gel. i find plopping overnight really makes it curly--also makes it shrink up. so my hair does not grow that fast but since i only cut it once a yr it does grow. i have to color roots every 5-6 wks. so waist length really means that in the shower it is waist length. dry it is BSL or thereabouts. anyway, it will get there when it gets there...i detangle leaning upside down in shower with fingers after second suave co mixed w honey, i rinse this out cold and detangle at same time. my hair is thin so it detangles fairly easily. we are each an experiment of one....thanks again!!
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls